Monday, September 5, 2011

Blog #1: A fellow blogger you NEED to know!!

Jane Aldridge, girl genius behind the fashion blog Sea of Shoes, is one of the most influential bloggers out there. A chic teenage girl from Texas, Jane has an amazing shoe collection and an ever better sense of style. Her vintage-inspired looks caught my eye right away and I can honestly say that for a while, her blog was the only one I was looking at.

Everyone does "street style" these days. But Jane has stayed with her original, dynamic concept: taking pictures of herself in her fabulous clothes. While she could easily blend in with everyone else, buy the latest designer garments, and look amazing, Jane goes digging through thrift stores (and her mom's closet) to find stand-out, statement pieces.



Now don't get me wrong, she has a RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING collection of designer pieces, especially shoes (hence the name), but its how Jane mixes these pieces with thrifted finds that makes her a style icon of my generation.



A lover of art, food (my kinda girl!), interior design, photography, and all things aesthetic...it's no wonder why this girl has such an incredible eye.

And I'm not the only one taking notice. Jane has been featured in Teen Vogue, she's created a line of shoes for Urban Outfitters, and was invited by Vogue to attend the Crillon Ball (wearing Chanel, of course).

So, next time you need some inspiration, check out Jane's blog. I promise you'll keep coming back for more.

1 comment:

  1. I love Sea of Shoes! I don't know why I don't follow it more often. Her pictures are amazing and her shoes and outfits are just as nice! I'm glad that you mentioned this blog and I like the pictures you chose to feature in the post. And by the way: I'm in love with her red hair!

    ReplyDelete